Dr. Tushar S. Bhatt
Degree obtained: PhD in Chemical Engineering
Function: post-doctoral researcher
Dr. Tushar S. Bhatt is a postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Chemical Engineering. He is collaborating with VUB’s academic and industrial partners for conducting his research activities that deal with: enhancing the performance of existing processes and providing a platform to meet future technology challenges.
His current research focuses on the mathematical modeling and experimental investigations of Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) processes.
Dr. Bhatt completed his PhD from Politecnico di Milano, Italy, in March 2014. His thesis was titled: Modeling, simulation and experimental investigations of dual-reflux pressure swing adsorption process. While pursuing his PhD, he was also a visiting student at ETH, Institute of Process Engineering, Zürich, Switzerland.
Prior to this, Dr. Bhatt has more than 3 years of work experience at: ‘The Aditya Birla Group’s Corporate R&D Centre’ (ABSTC), where, apart from other R&D activities, he published an international patent.
Dr. Bhatt graduated from the Otto-Von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany with the qualification: M.Sc. in Chemical and Process Engineering. During his stay in Germany, he gained R&D experience through: research assistantship at the University and an internship with Internormen Technology GmbH (now Eaton).
In India, he completed a fulltime 4 year Degree program: ‘Bachelor of Technology in Chemical Technology’ from Nagpur University. He was also an in-plant trainee at a major oil & gas company.
- Bhatt, Tushar S., Giuseppe Storti, Joeri FM Denayer, and Renato Rota. “Optimal design of dual-reflux pressure swing adsorption units via equilibrium theory: process configurations employing heavy gas for pressure swing.” Chemical Engineering Journal (2016).
- Bhatt, Tushar S., Giuseppe Storti, and Renato Rota. “Detailed simulation of dual-reflux pressure swing adsorption process.” Chemical Engineering Science 122 (2015): 34-52.
- Bhatt, Tushar S., et al. “Experimental and Modeling Analysis of Dual-Reflux Pressure Swing Adsorption Process.” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 53.34 (2014): 13448-13458.
- Bhatt, Tushar S., Giuseppe Storti, and Renato Rota. “Optimal design of dual-reflux pressure swing adsorption units via equilibrium theory.” Chemical Engineering Science 102 (2013): 42-55.
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) – International Patent Publication # WO 2011/089621 A2 – July, 2011. Topic: A soft sensor based on-line decision system for metallurgical processes.